Become a GenNext Advocate
The GenNext Advocate program is for young philanthropists who want to help grow GenNext East Ontario, while developing their professional skills and making new connections.
We will be launching the GenNext Advocate program very soon. Don’t miss out! Using the form to the right, sign up to be notified when it drops.
Who are GenNext advocates?
GenNext advocates are enthusiastic change-makers who are passionate about supporting their communities, with an interest in self-development and networking. As a key connection between our internal team and GenNext supporters, GenNext advocates want to grow our movement and—ultimately—make our region stronger, healthier, and safer for all.
What does a GenNext Advocate do?
GenNext advocates work closely with the United Way East Ontario staff on: content creation, operational and event logistics, or networking and engagement support.
You decide how you want to get involved based on your skills and interests. These volunteer responsibilities may include:
- Attending GenNext events to provide support with various promotions and logistics, including hosting and speaking opportunities!
- Assisting with awareness and promotion of GenNext East Ontario events, programs and causes.
- Helping with content creation and amplifying GenNext on social media.
- Connecting GenNext supporters with our partners, sponsors, and United Way East Ontario’s work.
- Advising on how we can improve GenNext by participating in GenNext Advocate program meetings, and providing feedback through our program surveys.
What are the benefits of the GenNext Advocate program?
When you join the GenNext Advocate program, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with people and organizations who want to make a difference, while learning about the unique challenges facing our region and using your skills to make a meaningful impact.
Not only will you be able to add valuable volunteer experience in the non-profit world to your CV, you’ll also get exposure to potential employers, business partners, mentors and professional connections through our programs and events.
Plus, you’ll get free access to all GenNext East Ontario events!
Who can become a GenNext Advocate?
- Interested in philanthropy and professional development?
- Willing and able to volunteer 3-5 hours per month?
- Passionate about supporting your community?
- Respectful to others, approachable, and collaborative?
Then the GenNext Advocate program is for you! It’s an opportunity for you to develop your communications, marketing, fundraising, or event planning skills with United Way.